The best-ever buffalo wings recipe is better than buffalo wild wings
Everyone loves buffalo wings, right? Well, if you're looking for a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for this popular pub dish, you've come to the right place. Our best-ever buffalo wings recipe is better than anything you'll find at Buffalo Wild Wings – and it's so simple to make at home! Plus, with our step-by-step instructions, even beginners can create restaurant-quality buffalo wings in their own kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- 2 lbs chicken wings (preferably a mix of wing segments and drummettes)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Butter salted or unsalted
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (Frank's RedHot is best. Want to try Asian-style wings? Simply sub in 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce for the hot sauce and follow the rest of the recipe.)Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Plain Greek-style yogurt (we like Fage 2%)
- 2 tbsp Crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the chicken with the salt, pepper, and chili powder, and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Roast until the skin is lightly blistered and the meat is cooked all the way through, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet or sauté pan, and add the hot sauce and half of the lemon juice.
- Remove the wings from the oven and add directly to the hot pan, tossing to thoroughly coat every piece in the sauce.
- Mix the yogurt, blue cheese, and remaining lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the wings and the celery (if using) with the blue cheese sauce on the side for dipping.
Chicken wings have a high fat-to-meat ratio, and although much of that fat is of the same heart-healthy variety you find in olive oil, the calories still add up quickly. To make this dish extra lean, apply the exact same treatment to boneless, skinless chicken tenders, or even peeled and deveined shrimp. Cook them in the oven or on a grill until firm, then toss briefly in the pan with the same hot sauce–spiked butter. You'll cut the calories in half and the fat by about 75%. And to make them very low in sodium do not add salt